How is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardy32

I have an UV-b, UVa and baskingspott all in one lamp ( RepTech).
The RepTech Mercury Vapor 80 Watt ( not the small version, but the normal version).

First i had it on the right side of the terrarium.
There it became 53 degrees celsius.
Distance between animal and lamp was 30cm's.

It was al little bit too hot for the Beardies, so i changed the lamp to the other corner.

Now the lamp is on the left and the distance between the lamp and the animal is 40/45 cm's.

It's hanging above some wood and the wood's temperature is just 33 degrees celsius?
It's a big difference in temperature,......

At the other side the same lamp was 53 degrees celsius, and there it was hanging above some styrofoam kindish material.

How is it possible that there is so much diference between the temperatures?

Or is the side with the wood warmer, but that the wood itselves doen't absorb the heat well enough?
The lamp will be warmer then the 33 degrees celsius, but because the wood doens't absorb the heat, it feels colder than it really is?

How do i know how warm it realy is under that spot?

I can't imagine that this lamp is just 33 degrees on the left,.. it can't be.

I think it's because of the wood.

I meassure the temperature with a RepTech Infrared Temp. Gun,.. specific for terrariums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sage_1207
Top Bottom