Is this overkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLZooMom

I have two beardies and both are in 55 gallon tanks with the Reptisun 10.0 T5 HO 46" lamps. I've been reading around the site today and it seems that with this kind of bulb with this size tank most people recommend a 22" bulb.

When I got the original one for my first beardie, York, I just wanted to make sure that no matter where he went in his tank he'd get good UVB. When I rescued Stimpy I felt that it was extremely important for him to get good UVB no matter where he was in his tank since he has a pretty bad case of MBD.

I guess my question is, are they going to be OK with these lights? I'm beginning to believe that I could have spent a lot less on their UVB lights, but is this a case of too much of a good thing?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
As long as you have them far enough away or enough cover so the dragons can self regulate it should be ok. With UV coverage for the whole tank you want a lower level than if you have a focused nice bright sunny spot. You can use height, mesh, fake plants, etc to help build a gradient. :)

FLZooMom

Original Poster
Thanks!

He has plenty of places he can go in his tank so that he can either get away from it entirely or moderate it, so I that's ok. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom