Lizard Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrScales

So I have a daylight bulb, A nightlight bulb, and a basking infared-like bulb. I haven't (until recently) been using a UVB bulb - I know, that's bad, right??? - and I want to know if I need a fourth lamp to use all four of these lights. Are there bulbs that generate uvb and uva, or is uva even necessary, or do i even need a daylight if i have a basking lamp... help please, lol.
Thanks, Josh.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like you'll need to make some changes to your lighting. For a basic setup in general, you'll want to get a bright white basking light to put on one side of the tank and provide an area around 100 degrees or a little more with a gradient down to a cool side of 75-85 on the other end of the tank. You'll also need a UVB light source in the form of a tube light that runs about 1/2 the length of your tank. What are the dimensions of your tank? That plays into what size/type of lighting you'll need. If the overnight temperature in the tank stays above 65, you won't need any additional heating. If the temps in the tank do go below 65, I suggest using a dome light with a ceramic heat emitter in it to bump the temps into the low 70s or so. These provide heat without visible light. There is more information in the articles section on the right under Newbies Guide: Lighting Help and Introduction to UV Lighting. Please give those a read through and let me know if you have any further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom