Did I just make a huge stupid design flaw?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLollino

82152-3337863162.jpg
82152-5342535586.jpg
82152-8287067660.jpg
82152-7734182290.jpg
So I just got my new Viv setup for my two beardies and just got my second beardie today so it's the first time she's been in her tank. I've had this built for a couple days and as you can see it's a pretty basic setup with a light on the top
Right in each tank that is about 2 inches raised off the screen with a 100 watt bulb my tanks came with. There's also that 10.0 reptisun ugh in the actually tank. I sided the shelving unit up without making it air tight and I also left the back open but it's only like 3 inches off the wall. The panels in front of the lights aren't tight to the tank as there's a good 3 once gap. Before this whole contraption my first beardie was having literally perfect temps with 95-110 basking temps depending on what she wanted by going higher on her log and than 80-85 on the cool
Side, but now with the two tanks throwing off heat and being close I noticed khaleesi's tank was super hot this morning after about an hour it was at 130 by her basking spot and 95 in her cool spot and she obviously wasn't going in the dead heat of the basking spot but she was close to it. You can tell she's obviously not happy with it so I opened her front doors and turned my air on and the temps are getting g much better. The lower tank is fine but it's the top tank that's sandwiched between two bulbs. I can't keep her doors Open all the time and I've been trying to think of ways to get the temp I'm her tank back to normal. I think of power watt bulb only in the top tank might work because I don't want the bottom
Tank to get cooler because it's a good temp. Also what about a dimmer? Do you think if I got a dimmer it would help?? Any suggestions would be great as I am going out to find soemthing asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom