Lighting a 90 gallon tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

axledexter

Hello Everyone,

So today I bought a 90 gallon glass tank with front access (48"Lx18"Wx24"H). Currently my bearded dragon is in a 30 gallon breeder with all the correct temperatures and UVB. I now how a larger cage and I am not sure how to heat it. I am going to the pet store later today to buy a ReptiSun 10.0 T5. What should I buy for heating and lighting? My house is between 68 and 70 degrees.

Thanks

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'd pick up a 22'' ReptiSun T5 tube and a 22''/24'' T5 hood and put that over on the basking side of the tank about 12'' above the highest basking spot. That will make a nice UVB gradient across the basking area. For lighting, I'd pick up a couple of adjustable lamp stands, a couple of dome fixtures, and try out two 100w lights mounted side by side. The 100w is a guess, you may want to go with 150w and just have them up a little higher but the wattage is something you'll need to play around with a bit until you get a nice 100-105 basking area on one side and a nice cool 75-80 degrees on the other side. I suggest two basking lights to make the basking area a little bit wider to make it easier to bask with the whole body at the same temperature. My current thinking is that two lower wattage bulbs side by side is better than a single higher wattage bulb. The adjustable stands will make it much easier to fine tune the temps by changing the height of the lamps. I've found that even minor adjustments were needed regularly to reflect seasonal temp changes in the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom