Humidity confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Hi there

So where the basking area is the humidity is a comfy 30-36. Near the cool end it is reading 60-70!!!!! I am not sure to trust it but it could be the recent weather. Usually it say 30-40 but recently its super high and nothing different apart from the weather. Japan is very humid this time of year.

Should I get a little dehumidifier to put near/next on top of the tank? Also water bowls...... I have read 100 times they don't drink from them so why do pet shops sell them? $$$$$$$ only I guess. So should I just take out the water bowl? Would she get enough water from veg and crickets and her weekly bath?

Thank you

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't worry too much about seasonal humidity fluctuations. You could add a dehumidifier to the room if you want but at 60-70% that isn't really too bad. Some dragons will drink from water bowls but most don't. Current thought is that they just don't recognize it as a viable water source. Some folks have luck with creating an animated water source by suspending a cup of water with a small hole above the bowl to create a dripping effect which gets their attention. I stopped using a water dish and just switched to regular baths which they'd drink from. For the most part if you are providing fresh greens and gutloading bugs then most of their hydration will come from that so it isn't a huge concern.

tengu1

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Great answer!

Thank you for answering all my questions. You are a wealth of knowledge!

Actually I just came home and she was at the front of the tank with a huge amount of shed next to her! it was almost like "hey check out what I did"! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom