Too crowded? Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebrooks

81371-4207567573.jpg
81371-6133864159.jpg
This is Smaug everyone, approx 16 inches long and he's currently in a 50 gallon nat geo tank, my question is, do I have too many things in it? I kinda spoil him and thought that maybe will all my impulse object buys, that now it is either too crowded or the tank just not big enough. Any opinions and info would be cool

Gail

BD.org Addict
He's a good sized dragon. I would give him a bit more room if possible, a 75 gallon will give more width. If you can't upgrade, I would ditch some of the decorations. All he really needs is one basking area and a climbing branch to get him to the proper distance from the UVB.

SDragon

Juvie Member
It is too small for a lizard that size I think, what are the dimensions? I'd take out the middle decoration.

Also, you light set up looks like it might not be optimal, are you measuring the temperatures at both ends? What are you using for uvb?

Ebrooks

Original Poster
SDragon":8coudisl said:
It is too small for a lizard that size I think, what are the dimensions? I'd take out the middle decoration.

Also, you light set up looks like it might not be optimal, are you measuring the temperatures at both ends? What are you using for uvb?

The hot side normally is around 89-94 this time of year with a 102 basking spot and cool side normally stays around high 70's low 80's. Using a reptisun 10.0 for the uvb, thinking of increasing its size though it doesn't seem too bright to me, and the reptisun 150 bulb for basking I believe is what I got last time because the 100 wasn't doing the job. The tank is 36x18x18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom