Did I waste my money on this IR Temperature gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberGeek

Hello everyone - I have seen folks posting what IRT gun they got from Amazon and all more than half the cost of what I just purchased. I bought the TG-412L for $49.95 on Amazon. Return it and get one of the cheaper ones?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you're happy with it, I wouldn't bother returning it. It probably has improved range/accuracy over some of the cheaper models.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Cheaper guns tend to have lower quality sensors that are cheaper ;) usually they have a wider sampling area, lower effective range and wider tolerances. That one looks to have a 12:1 ratio so at 12" away the sample area is 1" diameter. This means you can hold it further away and still get a good reading. Some of the cheaper ones have a much smaller D:S ratio (mine is 1:1 so at 12" away it's sampling a 12" circle!). It looks like it is accurate up to 900+F, my cheep one tops out at 122f. You get what you pay for, for the most part.

If you do want to return it check the specs of the one you want to buy and see if it's what you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom