new baby beardies enclosure advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand new user here. I've been reading these forums a long time but now I have a question of my own I could use a little expertise on.
I just purchased a new stacking setup on cl for my clutches on the way but have questions on how to make these work. Before I purchased I didn't realise that the heat mats are stuck on the inside of the tank on the plastic bottoms and I'm wondering if this is safe for baby beardies to walk directly on? If not which kinda substrate should I use to cover?

The tops of the tanks have an indent that my 24" reptisun 10.0 fit perfectly in. So the uvb is good but wondering about this heat source.... sorry I can't keep pics from uploading sideways and upside down. Hopefully you get the idea.
81202-6638520853.jpg
81202-4943955271.jpg
81202-2456838447.jpg
81202-9598641772.jpg

Maleficentsdragons

Original Poster
Ok from my research so far I have gathered that the heat pads are no good. So here poses the next question is the t5 10.0 a good enough heat source? My reptile room is a steady 75°

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Maleficentsdragons":1a7krdeq said:
Ok from my research so far I have gathered that the heat pads are no good. So here poses the next question is the t5 10.0 a good enough heat source? My reptile room is a steady 75°
Nope. You'll need basking lights.

Those look like nice cages though, were they for snakes or geckos maybe before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom