Lighting Question regarding T8 & T5 fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a T8 reptisun 10.0 florescent bulb, but I keep reading that the T5 bulbs are better. I am going to be building a crossfire enclosure this next week, and I am wondering if I would need to buy a new fixture if I wanted to upgrade to the T5 bulb? The fixture I have I bought at Menards and assembled myself...had to buy an outdoor extension cord and do the electrical myself to wire it. I don't have the box for it any longer. It is just a simple industrial type florescent bulb fixture, usually hard-wired into homes or businesses, I think. So, would I have to buy a different fixture to use the T5 bulbs? Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yes, to use a T5 you'll need a T5 fixture and I suggest getting one with a reflector built in. You can get a Sunblaster on Amazon for around $40-$50 or you can get a fixture with a good bulb at LightYourReptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom