A couple questions about a new enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeaboBryson

Hello everyone!

I'm new to BD.org, and decided to join up after seeing all the great info and people around here. I'm not new to keeping bearded dragons, but my original beardy passed away in December at the age of 11. I originally decided that I was done with reptiles after he died, but as time goes on I realize that I want another one since they're such awesome pets. Cheech lived in a 4x2x2 glass tank for the majority of his life, but for the new dragon I want to ditch the old glass tank and get something of furniture quality so that it can take a prominent place in a new room I'm having built on my house.

So far, the cage that appeals to me the most is a model from a company called Beeger Boxes, or BBRH. The model in question can be found in the following link : http://www.beegerboxes.com/product/large-boa-cage-snake-cage-tegu-cage-bearded-dragon-cage/

Now, before someone says that I can build something of similar quality for cheaper, I can't. I'm terrible at aesthetic and finish work as far as wood working and carpentry goes, and while I could build something of similar dimensions, the overall build quality and aesthetic appeal wouldn't even be close.

That being said, I have a couple questions regarding the enclosure and if anyone could help me out with some info it would be great.

First off, has anyone purchased products from this company before? If so, how would you rate the overall quality and customer service?

Secondly, there is an option to have light fixtures installed inside the tank. I've never had an enclosure like this, as the old tank had a screen top with the fixtures placed on the top of it. Does having the ceramic fixture for the basking bulb inside the tank pose any kind of fire risk or danger to the animal? Also, it says it comes with the option for a 24" UVB fixture. Would a fixture of this length provide enough light for a cage of this size ( 5'x2'x18")? I know that BD's like a fairly bright amount of light, or at least mine did as he always seemed to be more active and healthy with a lot of visual light in his enclosure. Would requesting an additional UVB fixture and another ceramic socket for a regular house bulb on the cool end be a good idea?

Again, any info or help with these questions is greatly appreciated, and if anyone has alternative suggestions as far as companies or enclosures go (aside from DIY) I'd be happy to hear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom