Wooden Enclosure Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello i wanted to ask a few questions on the lighting with those who are familiar with a wooden enclosure. My Enclosure is 6x2x2 all i need are the 2 lights which include the day time and nighttime bulb and wanted to see if you could recommend me a good wattage for both bulbs and a good seller.
Here is some extra information about my enclosure.

My Room stays around 68-71 at night but wanted a night time bulb just in case it dropped below that.

The enclosure is made from all plywood except for the front wall which is made up of 2 sliding glass doors.

The back of the enclosure has 3 vents that are 6x16 position equally.

I have bought a Large Deep Dome Ceramic Lamp as well as the Mini Deep Dome and cut out both holes on each side of the top of the enclosure.I also did the same with the UVB ReptiSun fixture but instead i placed it in the middle.

The ReptiSun 10.0 was placed approximately 4.75 inches from the basking spot/Bulb and 4.75 inches from the night time bulb.

The enclosure will be used for 1 Juvenile Bearded Dragon.

The Enclosure is about 180 Gallons

Here is some information i got from Jess on his wooden enclosure but he hasn't responded and i need help quickly. - In my wooden 4x2x2, I use flood lights that are between 30-45 watts. Keep in mind that flood lights, spot lights, and halogen bulbs will be hotter than a regular light bulb because they are more focused in one spot. Wooden cages will also be more insulated and hold more heat than glass cages, so they may need less watts to maintain a good temperature. By, Jess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom