UVB Lighting Help - Between 40-45 uw/cm^2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sovski

Hey all,

I have a baby beardie he's about three or four weeks old. I have him housed in a 40 gallon enclosure. On top of the enclosure I have a 36 inch T8 terrarium hood with a Reptisun 10.0 tube for UVB.

I measured the UVB levels in my enclosure with a Solarmeter 6.2 and tested out different configurations to see what worked best. His basking spot where he spends most of his time is about 10 to 11 inches from the reptisun. If I move the lid for the enclosure so that the light isn't filtered through the wire mesh, he's getting between 40 and 45 uW/cm^2. If the light is going through the mesh, that number drops down to about 30. I have my reptisun on for 12 hours a day. Is this enough UVB? I've read on the forums recommendations that vary between 100 and 200 consistently throughout the day. This has been his set-up for about a week and he doesn't seem lethargic at all. He spends most of his time basking and seems to have a healthy appetite eating about 30 phoenix worms a day.

I'm considering trying to raise his basking spot about four inches. It's either that or I get a T5 high output hood and return the T8 hood I currently have.

Pictures of my set-up below:

IMG_0308_zps496d7cdd.jpg

IMG_0307_zps1c083c5f.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom