Well she is just about done. Tandam viv!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pumpkinman

Hatchling Member
Well I am making good progress on my tandam viv. Got all the light fixtures installed. Love the "no wire" look. Still have to switch out the bulbs that came with the fixtures for reptisun 10.0's. Cold end gets up to 78F without the che's. When I get them I will have them hooked up to a thermostat with night drop.
Dimmers on the 75W basking lights make it a breeze to dial in on the exact basking temp I want. Also, you will see on the second pic my temp probe is hiden in the crack of the basking rocks.
I still have to get some plants and drift wood.
All comments and suggestions welcomed.
Also, looking everywhere for a nice pair of leatherbacks.

Chris
DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Grogshla

Juvie Member
great job mate.
finally some properly set up vivs. Yep just change those uvb's and a hide or 2 and that will be great.

pumpkinman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Grogshla":mtvhkrb4 said:
great job mate.
finally some properly set up vivs. Yep just change those uvb's and a hide or 2 and that will be great.

Thanks Guys!!!

I have learned from my reasearch, no hides for babies as they may hide rather thank basking. Please confirm if this is correct and if so @ what age do I introduce a hide?

Livey

Extreme Poster
pumpkinman":1jr5p1qt said:
Grogshla":1jr5p1qt said:
great job mate.

Thanks Guys!!!

I have learned from my reasearch, no hides for babies as they may hide rather thank basking. Please confirm if this is correct and if so @ what age do I introduce a hide?

I always put hides in, they still have them now,
I would just recommed puting things for them to climb on,
i mean look at this, this was when i first joined
DSC01900.jpg

Yes its packed, and very over the top :lol:
But Nu loved it, climbed over everything..
Im not saying fill in it as much as that lol
But i would put a bit of wood in etc, just so they can run around a bit and climb on things :)

Slave2Scarlett

Gray-bearded Member
pumpkinman":2z8yyr3o said:
Grogshla":2z8yyr3o said:
great job mate.

Thanks Guys!!!

My baby Scarlett I got her when she was 8 weeks and she has two hides and never uses them.. She's always basking.. I think it depends on the baby.. They need somewhere to go if they wanna cool off..

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
your vivs look awesome! You could sell these easily. Good luck with your babies. Send us some pics when you get them.

pumpkinman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I am searching high and low for a couple nice dragons. We are going in a Disney cruise in January (I have not been south of Buffalo NY since 1993, lol) and I dont want to take possession till after that. Glad I go the viv made way ahead of time.

pumpkinman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Not many build pics. The only ones are in my previous thread on designing an enclosure.
I wanted to fit on existing cabinetry I had so dimensions are 92" x 24 x 24. So each half is 45" inside length. Back and bottom is 3/4" plywood sheathing. Top and sides are maple ply. Face frame is solid maple. The white part you see on the back and sides is FTP sanitary panels used in commercial washroom and kitchens. Tile is porcelain with a stone finish. I have smoked glass as a divider and clear glass for the doors.
Cost was about $400 for everything you see including the electrical. Glass was a large part at about $150.

Cheers

jodyberry

Hatchling Member
Thanks!!

Would the FTP be the same as White Melamine? I just finished a tandem viv using all Melamine. Mine turned out nice, but I like the wood look of yours better.
The wood gives it a more warm feel.

I also would have liked to use glass for my doors (I used plexi), but like you said it's EXPENSIVE!

Here's a pic of what I just finished:

33kyrsn.jpg

pumpkinman

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Your viv looks great!
Malimine is typically particle board with a thin Malimine coating. Basically paint. Not exactly sure what yours is.
Frp stands for fiberglas reinforced plastic. It comes in 4x8' sheets and is .090" thick. It is glued or fastened to the substrate, which is my case is plywood. It has a dimpled finish. You will see it in public washrooms on the walls. Highly impact resistant and non porous.
Ya glass costs a fortune. I make furniture as a hobby and have a good relationship with the local glass guy. Don't think he gives me any deals though.
The stuff I used is 3/16.

jodyberry

Hatchling Member
pumpkinman":2z95vsb2 said:
Your viv looks great!
Malimine is typically particle board with a thin Malimine coating. Basically paint. Not exactly sure what yours is.

Thanks!

Yea, melamine is more like a veneer than paint. Works nicely with self-tapping screws - very little cracking, if any. (I know, I should be pre-drilling pilot holes, etc. But I get lazy sometimes!!).

After your description I know what you're talking about with FRP. Sounds like perfect stuff to use for vivs! Is it expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom