New bearded dragon set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshc15

Hey guys just got a baby bearded dragon so I’m a new owner and made account on here to get some advice to make sure I raise a healthy dragon. I got my dragon about 5 days ago and as of right now I have a 20 gallon regular with 125watt solar glo. I want to change it ASAP and get a reptisun 10 and add just a 75 watt basking light would that be better than what I have right now ? My dragon has been eating but seems to be sleeping a lot

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Welcome to the forum! The 125w Solar Glo should be OK in a 20g tank. It needs to sit 10-14'' above the main basking area to produce adequate UVB. You may need additional lighting to achieve the proper basking temps though. You want surface temps to be between about 100-110 and the cool side of the tank should be 75-85 or so with a gradient between. This can be tougher to do using a mercury vapor bulb which is why the tube style UVB lights are often recommended. That way you can more easily control the heat using a separate bulb.

Can you post some photos of your dragon and his setup? What is his name? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

Joshc15

Original Poster
CooperDragon":35rxt9bp said:
Welcome to the forum! The 125w Solar Glo should be OK in a 20g tank. It needs to sit 10-14'' above the main basking area to produce adequate UVB. You may need additional lighting to achieve the proper basking temps though. You want surface temps to be between about 100-110 and the cool side of the tank should be 75-85 or so with a gradient between. This can be tougher to do using a mercury vapor bulb which is why the tube style UVB lights are often recommended. That way you can more easily control the heat using a separate bulb.

Can you post some photos of your dragon and his setup? What is his name? You can upload photos here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them to your thread using the XIMG button when you reply.

His name is Kratos! And I sure will I’ll load them once I get home! Yeah yesterday I changed the set up I added 18 inch reptisun10.0 inside the tank and placed a normal 75 watt zoo med basking buld

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom