Evicted Beardie :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellstrom

Hatchling Member
Hi everyone!

So, I do presentations at the Charlotte Nature Museum with my reptiles. I got an email about 2 months ago from a woman at the Nature Museum who had been contacted about a beardie.

This is where his story with me begins! I agreed to meet at the Nature Museum and pick him up. He was in relatively good health. A little skinny and the end of his tail had been chewed on by something (I presume bugs). Because it seems that his previous owners had been evicted from their home and decided to set their beardie "free" :angry5: Thankfully, later that same day, the neighbor lady found him in the yard just staying in one spot confused and scared. She called the Nature Museum, etc. So of course I picked up the poor evicted beardie and brought him home. He drank water forever! I gave him a warm bath and then settled him in his paper towel lined cage with a small towel over the under tank heater and he slept very hard.

I've managed to fix up his tail, so now it is missing the last 3 inches or so, but doesn't bother him in the least. We have gotten past the risk of infection and he is eating/pooping/sleeping great. He needs a little more weight on him, but that will come with time. He is also very active and glass dances, climbs and runs a lot! So I've lovingly named him Fitz! He loves his time outside in the playpen and gets very huffy when I bring him back inside.

I've already received a call about another beardie and I would love to place Fitz in a new home. One that won't ever evict him :cry: So I might need lots of help to find him a home! I am in Charlotte, NC and I will drive up to an hour to meet someone or make him part of a rescue train. Please let me know if you can help or be his new forever home!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks like a happy little guy now! I hope you're able to find a good home for him soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom