first beardie rescue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all I rescued an adult male beardie on saturday. He seems to be in pretty good shape although he's stained pretty badly from the red sand he was kept one. He is enjoying his huge new viv and running around like mad, he was kept in a 20gal tank his whole life. Saturday night after we got him situated in his new home he ate 20 dubias and 3 waxworms. Yesterday he ate like 4 waxworms and 1 dubia and a small amount of salad. I'm worried he is not eating enough but hubby says that adults eat alot less than juvies so I shouldn't worry so much. Reaper our other beardie hasn't reached the adult stage yet and still eats a ton lol I was just wondering if anyone had any advice or suggestions or could maybe give me an idea of what to expect. Hes a little on the scrawny side and I'd really like to fatten him up a bit :) Today he is eyeing the worm and salad I put in but not going for it yet. He's going to the vet this afternoon because I want to make sure he's as healthy as he looks/acts, this eating thing is really bothering me tho. Also we're not handling him, just talking to him and pets when he seems to want it. He acts like he wants to come out but I want to give him plenty of time to adjust. I've rescued dogs and cats before but never beardies so any tips would be much appreciated

brittani299

Extreme Poster
Hello :) adult beardies eat a lot less then younger ones. So I wouldn't worry. I know this is an older post. How did the vet visit go?

crazyangel

Original Poster
It went well he's a little under weight but he's putting on weight nicely now we dewormed him for both pinworm and cocidia, got eye drops but his eye doesn't look like it's getting better so prolly a growth not an injury right now he's 19 inches and 384grams . He doesn't eat much greens but nibbles bd food and freeze dried crickets loves his dubia but only eats 15-20 a day :)

crazyangel

Original Poster
Not sure over a year he has a few dark specks that the vet said could be like age spots also said if he's older the spot on his eye could be a growth of some sort but said it shouldn't bother him if it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom