So...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Yea I got a CWD from PetCo. I couldn't stand it, they weren't taking the best care of the little guys! I've got him set up in the 125gal tank. My 40gal breeder is already holding the proper temps / humidity for a bearded and I didn't want to have to switch them around. I'll try to post some pics when I get home. Working 10hr shifts this week so I'll try to remember :p

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
This guy REALLY loves his hammock and his basking area. I don't think he got enough UVB or alone time at the pet store. Am still researching these, so if anyone has links to other sites with good care sheets or anything that may help, I'm all ears... so to speak.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
I would just watch to make sure he doesn't seem stressed in that large of an enclosure since I'm assuming the dragon is a foot long or less. That's about the largest baby dragon size we get at work (Petsmart). Make sure you're using the tropical/5.0 UVB bulb as the desert ones for the beardies are too intense for them. I found http://www.triciaswaterdragon.com/dragoncr.htm to be a good care sheet with all the basics of set up. Many guides say that the water dragons will take fruits and veggies but ours have never shown any interest and they can pretty much be considered carnivorous instead of omnivorous. How does the dragon look? Was he lethargic or seemed brown or had any injuries? Because they are such large lizards (around 3 feet when adults), the older babies can really hurt the young ones and nip toes, tails, and I've seen a slight mouth injury caused by a bigger dragon.

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I actually found that site after posting here and started following the advice on it. He's a little over a foot now. I need to measure and weigh him. (I'm assuming it is a He for now, as it looks to be as accurate as I can get until he gets a little older.) He's loving his enclosure. Right now, Im using an all in one bulb, switching to seperate bulbs as soon as I find fixtures that will work with my tank setup. There are pictures of him on my beardie tales thread. http://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=161360 He was the largest one at the PetCo, but he did have a few nips and was missing one of his claws it looked like. He is normally a nice colorful green with lighter almost white stripes with me! He tries to run from my wife, but appears to love me and my brother. (Although he is getting better with the wife)
He's eating some of his greens, but he still loves the crickets more. He's normally very active, but when he goes to sleep he's definitely asleep. Lol.

Fuzzyviper

Hatchling Member
He looks quite healthy in the picture. :) Toe and tail nips are very common in CWD, much like beardies. They seem almost like a spastic, tropical version of beardies I think. I was wondering if he was brown since they will turn brown when they are feeling a bit cold but usually if they are shedding. Because they are in water so often, the shed is kind of like a wet leather and can make them look like something is wrong because of the stark color difference. I bet the smaller dragons at Petco are having a little party since the big boy eating all the crickets is gone. :lol:

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I don't doubt it ^^ He is quite the little monster. His color is so cool, sometimes he takes an almost golden sheen to his skin that looks really cool.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
This is like the third thread today I've seen about you getting a new reptile hahaha :mrgreen:

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom