sexing my cwd..

Status
Not open for further replies.

ering

I dont remember who sent me pictures of their female and male water dragon to show me the difference. But last week, I decided I was going to check one more time because we were told it was a female. But since the last time I have talked to whoever. It has come out to be a boy. He has the little spots on his legs that lead to one side to another. Im also wondering if anyone has noticed any differences in temporment between females and males?

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
ering":1egogskm said:
I dont remember who sent me pictures of their female and male water dragon to show me the difference. But last week, I decided I was going to check one more time because we were told it was a female. But since the last time I have talked to whoever. It has come out to be a boy. He has the little spots on his legs that lead to one side to another. Im also wondering if anyone has noticed any differences in temporment between females and males?

I sent the images of the CWD however they were just found on the internet, not mine.
I have never owned a CWD as I do not want to feed pinkies.. :cry:
Or is this a false pretense on my behalf?

ering

Original Poster
Feeding pinkies is about once a moth thing. You want to use them as a treat. Cwd don't digest pinkies well enough touse them to feed every day. I give mine a pinkie about once a month and I started using it as a reward. My cwd wasn't use to be held so when he did really good about not freaking out I gave him on, but also I don't give live pinkies they are always frozen.

ering

Original Poster
They need a diet of 25% vegtables and 75% mealworms, waxworms, superworms, crickets. Mine doesnt really eat vegtables and I finally did get him to eat peaches. I had to mix in superworms and he thought it was a worm and ate the peach. Mine will eat 50 superworms in about 3 days. He goes through about a dozen crickets a day. I finally got him to try waxworms he really didnt like them but I also didnt give him and option. Most people dont feed theirs everyday but mine doesnt hold weight very well so I feed him everyday and as much as he wants. They are really good pets mine know has figured out that tv is and he loves watching it.

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
ering":39xvlxlk said:
They need a diet of 25% vegtables and 75% mealworms, waxworms, superworms, crickets. Mine doesnt really eat vegtables and I finally did get him to eat peaches. I had to mix in superworms and he thought it was a worm and ate the peach. Mine will eat 50 superworms in about 3 days. He goes through about a dozen crickets a day. I finally got him to try waxworms he really didnt like them but I also didnt give him and option. Most people dont feed theirs everyday but mine doesnt hold weight very well so I feed him everyday and as much as he wants. They are really good pets mine know has figured out that tv is and he loves watching it.

Hmm, they are tropical right? needing a pool and humidity? How high of humidity do they require? What does your set up look like?
I had a wild caught Mountain Horn Dragon but, she wouldn't take to captivity and after about 6 weeks of trying to keep her alive she passed. :cry:
How long do CWD generally live?

ering

Original Poster
I keep his warm spot 90 and the cool spot about 80 to 85. At night his heat turns off and is cooled down to 70 to 75 degrees. Yes they are tropical, mine is right now in a 60 gallon, i have an iguana cage that is on its way for him. But his tank right now has plant substrate in the bottom with reptibark on top I have 3 house plants in the tank his water bowl is a litter box for a rabbit or rodent type animal. I have a tree limb from a tree in my yard. I also have a fogger that comes on every thirty mins. He also gets baths in the tub everyother day. I think my bearded dragons are more work than he is. He doesnt care really about anything, except when it is feeding time and he has learned that his food comes in white plastic containers ( thats what his superworms come in )

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
Dragons are allot of work lol. Especially when I compare them to my Uro.
I almost got a CWD once but, I did decide against it cause of the pinkies. Same reason I don't own snakes or any monitors for that matter LOL my heart is too big but, if they are already dead I think I could deal with it.

ering

Original Poster
I have a 4ft columbian red tail boa who eats medium size FROZEN rats..I cant handle the squeeling of rats when they die..My snake full grown will eat rabbits
full grown columbian boa will reach 10 to 11ft

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
ering":hdy5f4ux said:
I have a 4ft columbian red tail boa who eats medium size FROZEN rats..I cant handle the squeeling of rats when they die..My snake full grown will eat rabbits
full grown columbian boa will reach 10 to 11ft
:shock:
Poor little bunny fu fu LOL

10-15 years so generally how long a dragon can live up to at max.

ering

Original Poster
most people say their dragons live about 12 years.. I think it just dependes on what there gene pool is like and also raising them in the right enviroment.
Well its getting late if you need anymore info let me know i can post a picture of his enclosure tomorrow. Just message me or keep posting on here im always checking this website and my email so i guess i will talk to you tomorrow maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom