New Gargoyle Gecko Name Help and Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

warac67

Hatchling Member

So this is my new gargoyle gecko I got him yesterday from a breeder at a reptile expo. I went there looking for another crestie but fell in love with him! I am stumped on a name for him. I desperately need help, I like to name my guys/girls within a few days of me getting them. All my other pets are named after Pokemon I would like to keep going with that but if I find something that really catches my interest I'm more than willing to do that instead.

I have currently 2 crested geckos and have tried to read everything there is about gargoyle gecko care. It seems that they have the exact same requirements as the crested geckos right?

I have read that gargoyles are jumpier and can bite and draw blood unlike cresties. But generally do people find gargoyles more aggressive than cresties? My guy seemed sweet when I held him before I purchased him.

Now since I got my gargoyle and placed him in his enclosure I have left him be and tried to let him settle in. But he has not moved a muscle since then and that was over 24 hours ago. Should I move him a little bit to a different spot just to show him that something is not going to happen to him if he does. Or is this typical behavior for gargoyles? I know it's not good to handle them after you just got them so that's why I have held off but I feel bad because he hasn't moved an inch. I'm not sure how to approach the situation. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

disturb3d0n3

Juvie Member
I had a gargoyle gecko and never had any problems with aggression. Their care is pretty much the same besides their diet, they need more insects in their diet. It's best to offer gut loaded crickets at least one night during the week. Along with the puréed diet 3 times a week.

I imagine he's moved since then since this post is a few weeks old?

Tonja

BD.org Addict
beautiful gargoyle. How about magmar for his name and keeps in theme with pokemon.

WillisFax

Depression is an energy drainer that makes it very difficult to function. Even though it’s not easy to get over depression, it is definitely possible. This article will give you many tips on depression. While overcoming depression takes a lot of work, it’s not impossible.

signs of depression

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom