I don't know if I can save him :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
Wow. You're right. That's infuriating! You certainly have a big heart to even bring yourself to check him out. Please keep us updated?

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I will. Thank you. I've PM'd Lindz. She has experience with this. I haven't gotten a reply back yet from the add. I'm just so sad. I don't even know what to say. :(

KristineM

Gray-bearded Member
In all honesty...and I'm embarrassed to admit this but...I only commented because I accidentally clicked on the link :(

I've played with the idea of getting my oldest a leopard gecko but have NO experience. I hope this poor thing makes it. My thoughts are with you and that poor Leo.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I don't even know if an animal that far gone would survive the 30min car ride. Let a lone the relocation stress. Top that off with potential parasites and the fact they're trying to feed him dried pellets and I just don't know if he'd survive :cry: I go to the city tomorrow. The owner has to get back to me before 9:00am. If he does, I'll take it as a sign and see what I can do. So sad. :(

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
if you keep him in a room separate from mylo and don't share any items (including tongs) you should be alright. also intense hand washing is required. i feel so bad for that guy. this is how i ended up with 6 -.- people treat leos like trash.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
He definitely looks malnourished, probably MBD and as you said parasites. This poor guy will be a tough case. Even if, IF, he doesn't make it, he would be better off with you than dying in the hands of someone who obviously doesn't care about him. Making a difference in their life doesn't always means saving them - sometimes it means easing them into their next life. This might be the case, but who knows? Maybe he's a fighter and will pull through. If he has survived this long it must be a sign.

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
chastityx":34nvmnwx said:
people treat leos like trash.
Yes they do!!! :angry5: They're marketed as the "care free" pet. I get so damn mad! Here I was, lovingly working on Mylo's hide because he means so much to me, then I saw this! :banghead: I'm in crazy, mash mode too because I want Liz to have Mylo's old things so life is gravy for Leo's all around! Oh, I'm so mad right now! He's only 30mins away and I don't know if he's even alive! I just want to scream! :evil:
zandi202":34nvmnwx said:
Making a difference in their life doesn't always means saving them - sometimes it means easing them into their next life. This might be the case, but who knows? Maybe he's a fighter and will pull through. If he has survived this long it must be a sign.
You're right Liz. And that's an amazing way of looking at things. We'll see if he gets back to me. I actually feel a little better thinking that he's so tuff.

chastityx

Sub-Adult Member
morphmom":2t63faq8 said:
chastityx":2t63faq8 said:
people treat leos like trash.
Yes they do!!! :angry5: They're marketed as the "care free" pet. I get so damn mad! Here I was, lovingly working on Mylo's hide because he means so much to me, then I saw this! :banghead: I'm in crazy, mash mode too because I want Liz to have Mylo's old things so life is gravy for Leo's all around! Oh, I'm so mad right now! He's only 30mins away and I don't know if he's even alive! I just want to scream! :evil:
zandi202":2t63faq8 said:
Making a difference in their life doesn't always means saving them - sometimes it means easing them into their next life. This might be the case, but who knows? Maybe he's a fighter and will pull through. If he has survived this long it must be a sign.
You're right Liz. And that's an amazing way of looking at things. We'll see if he gets back to me. I actually feel a little better thinking that he's so tuff.

leos are tough little guys. they stop eating sometimes for weeks for no real reason and dont lose a gram. they're weirdos. :roll: he's probably still alive just not doing well with those people.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I'm glad though thought helped!

Leo's are easier to care for pets, but by no means care free. Look at Ava!

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
Leos are very hardy... I wouldn't say it is a lost cause. Thor wasn't much better when I got him. I cannot tell from those pics but MBD is possible but the thing is that they actually improve much better with treatment than beardies.I would say he would make the car trip and relocation stress may not even be an issue since most are so laid back. Like it was said keep everything separate from Mylo's things. I support you taking this guy in fully and then later you could rehome him when he is in good shape.

zandi202

BD.org Addict
I didn't realize leos could bounce back easier from MBD. I know you told me it's really hard/rare for them to get RI (if I remember correctly).

morphmom

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
I keep checking my E-mail, and nothing yet. I need to know before 9:00am. I found the add early in the afternoon, so I'm getting anxious. I'm hoping he's found a home. If not, I'll take him. Hell, Myah was sick with coccidia for three months. What's another round of lizard care!? :lol: I think the plan would be to fix him up then re-home him. Not sure if I'll be strong enough to let go. Gah! The wait is killer! :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom