Reptisun 10.0 and Leopard Geckos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently have a large custom build tank for my Bearded Dragon that consists of two separate enclosures connected by a bridge. Since Cortana (my beardie) never goes into the smaller tank (was supposed to be a feeding area) I am think of moving my girlfriends Leopard Geckos in since she is having problems with tank temps and humidity at her place.

The tank has a 24" fluorescent fixture with 1 Reptisun 10.0 and 1 regular bulb. The lights are on a natural daylight timer so right now (summertime) there is probably about 14 hours of light. I do not know as much about Leopard Geckos and their UVB needs but I have heard it is significantly less that what my Beardie requires. I have heard some numbers thrown around that they absorb 10x more UVB than a Beardie would and just want to make sure that this setup won't cook* them.

They will have several pretty dark hides so it is not like they will be stuck under the lights all day.

I guess in the end my question is: Will they be ok under those lights or should I get another regular bulb?

I would love to hear your thoughts or suggestions.

*Edit: I don't literally mean cook, I am just trying to find out if that is too much.

Spikeshuman

Juvie Member
Wow what a fancy little house!! My poor stubby just has some slate, a hide, and a branch!

The Geckos are nocturnal.. so they don't need anything but some warmth. I have a bulb that keeps him around 82 degrees that puts out almost NO light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom