HELP, NEGLECTED LEO HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushuspyro

Today I brought a female leo for my birthday off a guy on preloved.
she's approximately 1 year old, mack snow enigma.

She is VERY underweight, so bad you can see her leg joints, and her tail is very skinny.
She can't support her body, and I'm not sure if it's MBD or where she hasn't eaten.
She walks like she's drunk, and isn't alert or anything.

There also appears to be rough skin on her head, but it doesn't look like stuck shed.

I will be able to post Pics tomorrow.

I am going to take her to the vets when bank holiday period is over...

IS there anything I can do for her in the meantime?

Mushuspyro

Original Poster
UPDATE:
I have posted on several other forums with more pics and info.
I believe she is in the late stages of MBD.
The breeder denies everything, and won't take responsibility.
I am taking Cynder to the vets as soon as they re open.

This man is horrible.
If any of you use Preloved and get a message or send a message to a guy named Wayne, stay away.
( Essex area)

Mushuspyro

Original Poster
Just got back from the vets.
She is in the late stages of MBD, and it's said the possible causes were husbandry and neglect issues.
Cynder has been given liquid calcium to have once a day. The vet weighed her, and she weighs up at 29.

I have a fecal exam booked for next week. The vet is happy with me for providing the correct set up, food etc.

Cynders legs won't get better, and may break soon. But I am going to provide a low % uv light for her, and Nutrobol as well as liquid calcium. The vet is happy with Cynder eating Mealworms. Cynder is doing better now, she is becoming alert, eating and moving more.

So I am taking it week by week to see how Cynder progresses, and then I'll take it from there and see how she goes

Also have xray booked as well.

Lindz0518

Gray-bearded Member
They can actually improve greatly with proper treatment and care. I have seen it time and time again and have experienced it with one of my rescues. I have kept leos for 5 years and it is amazing what proper care will do. Her legs may never be perfect again but they will improve some, even in late stages on MBD. Believe it or not I have seen worst and they improved greatly. Keep up the good work, I would only use the uvb for a couple months. Since they are nocturnal and don't bask, they really don't help that much. Good luck.

william488

Juvie Member
thanks for shareing, its nice to hear about your rescue, sad to hear how she was kept before you got her. Keep us updated. so glad that there are people out there that do what you do. I got my rescue female before she developed mbd, but she was little over 2 years old and her tail was skinnier then a pencil. She is doing great now and is such a sweet little girl, loves to be held. Good luck with your little one.

Mushuspyro

Original Poster
Over the last week, Cynder took a turn for the worse. She started losing a lot of weight from not eating, she didn't move, started screaming in pain..

Then she started bleeding- Internal bleeding. I think one of her ribs snapped from how brittle they were, and she was suffering so much.. So yesterday at 15:56, Cynder finally didn't have to suffer anymore. I had her PTS, and it was difficult, but she deserved to not suffer anymore..

I'll always know I did what I could, and in the short 3 weeks that I rescued her, she had the best out of life that she never did.

R.I.P Cynder, I'll miss you little one.

Ophiophilist

Hatchling Member
I'm so sorry. It's horrible how many geckos end up in situations like this. But you did everything you could and at least she was loved and will be missed by someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom