leo shedding problem. no idea why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
okay i have two leo's and there in the same tank. they have never had a problem with each other, and i've had them for 5 years and i never had a shedding problem till now. first it started with my female, it was on her tail, and i bathed her and lightly rubbed at with with a wet Q-tip, and i bathed her more and it scabbed and came off and now there is going to be a scar there, but now my male is having troubles with his tail. i am not as worried because he has normal scales on his tail but i am still worried. i just bought some Shed-ease and going to try it tomorrow on my male. would try it tonight but forgot it at my dads. but does any one have an idea whats going on? they have a wet hide. there temps are 88f on hot side, 75f cool side, heat pad, stuff to rub up against for shedding. get cal powered crickets and vitamin covered crickets. i just don't know whats wrong..

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
this is my female, and she's all better now but she kept rubbing and rubbing and made herself bleed.
photo81.jpg

this is my male, and its not just his tail. he has little spots all over him. including one of his back legs. can't see it this well in this photo. i made sure all there toes were shed because i did not want them losing toes.
photo80.jpg

i tried the Zilla Shed-Ease and it did nothing to help the shed. all it did was make his scales really soft. which is disappointing.
help anyone?

TheWerewolf

Gray-bearded Member
I have no ideas about the shedding. I did have two leopard geckos and they also lived in the same cage and have had no problems. Just a concern, the female's tail looks very swollen. Could her tail be infected?

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Lol her tail is fine. She lost her tail before i got her. She is in tip top shape my reptile vet said.

lillylizard

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
i did get a new under tank heater for them about a month or so ago. could that cause a bad shed? could the heat bad dry out there skin?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom