[HELP] Crested Gecko Sores

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsha15

I've had my crestie for about 3 weeks and things seemed pretty normal. He gets repashy and i swap in a new lid full of it every day. All of the sudden he developed weird little bumps that look like sores or warts (pictured below). Someone also pointed out his toes look swollen but I wasn't sure as this was my first crestie. He seems to be acting normally but it still worries me. I noticed it 2-3 days after I had just put a new hide in that had what I think was coco fibre that had come with one of my previous reptiles cage.

He was in a 20 gallon high, fake plants from michaels, repti carpet as substrate, bamboo too climb on and everything was washed before I put it in. He's 9 months and is at 11 grams right now, he was 13 or 14 when I got him and I assumed the weight loss was from relocation/having a slightly large tank. I was cleaning/bleaching his tank at someone's suggestion and ended up shattering one of the sides so now he's in a 10 gal with paper towel as substrate, 2 coffee cups, and an extra fake plant that I had. I mist him in the morning and then heavily at night. I tried searching the forums and couldnt find anything similar to this. I get the feeling it wasn't from the hide as I doubt he would've actually gone in it but that's the only the that's been changed recently. This is my first crestie so it could be a husbandry issue that I overlooked but I can't imagine what I'd be doing wrong.

I've already posted this on the pangea forums since they're more gecko oriented but I thought I'd give this a shot in case anyone else has ever seen this before. I have a vet appointment in 3 days but I'm hoping someone will be able to tell me what's wrong in case my vet can't figure it out.

rep2.jpg

rep1.jpg

rep3.jpg

rep4.jpg

rep5.jpg

rep6.jpg

reptarsetup.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom