Laying eggs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
I have an adult female leopard gecko I rescued from a pet store. She is 2 years old, and in excellent health. She has a nice fat tail, eats a lot, and has shed twice with me. I think she may be getting ready to lay eggs. She's been spending all day in her moist hide. I took it out for a little bit this evening to make sure she ate. I forgot to put it back in, later I noticed her doing some odd behavior. She's rubbing herself all over the edges of her hide, up against the glass, across the floor of her viv, and digging around. During the digging she'll stop and wiggle her butt around while spreading her hind legs out. I took her out and she doesn't have any retained shed, and there's nothing in her eyes that would be bothering her. I'm guessing she's getting ready to lay? Is there anything I should do for her? Does her behavior sound like something else is going on? She's my first leopard gecko, I'm extremely new to reptiles so please any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Kaleen

AllanonsWrath

Sub-Adult Member
Get a tupperware box like you would for a moist hide. Fill it will cocoa fiber and moisten it good. You dont want to turn it into mud, but just make sure it sticks good. If she has eggs, you should be able to see them in her belly.

FranktheTank

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Thank you so much for your help. I'm going to pick that up today when I go to the grocery, I'll swing by the pet shop. Although I don't know if she'll be needing it anymore. All of the behaviors I talked about her doing, she's stopped and acting totally normal?! I guess we'll see what happens, also today is her bath day and I'll be looking at her belly see if I can see any eggs. I'll try and post some pictures too.

-Kaleen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom