Esham Out & About

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I though I would share some of Esham's, our Savannah Monitor, most recent pictures!

100_1939.jpg

Yargh!! He thinks he's tough!

100_1934.jpg

Too bad this one is washed out, he looks so cute!!!

100_1928.jpg

Where's he going?

100_1931.jpg

Daddy's not a cave!

100_1932.jpg

I'm outta here...

100_1933.jpg

He would like you to think he's meaner than he really is!

100_1929.jpg

The cats believe him! Esham gave Loki (left) a tickle on the nose and she nearly jumped a foot! They love watching him, but don't know what else they are supposed to do!

Thanks for looking!!

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Aw, thanks! The cats really don't know what to think about him. They generally keep their distance, although neither has formally threatened each other! They pretty much stay under that couch! :)

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
HAH, the cats may think so too!! They have watched him go from 6 or so inches to 24 inches pretty quickly!

Thanks!

Eventide

Hatchling Member
Wow, he's gorgeous! Love that cool grey. I know that's their natural color, but this one looks cleaner and clearer than most of the savannahs I've seen.

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks! He's a cool guy (mean, but cool!). He had just shed most of his body during these pictures; in fact, he is in full shed again. It seems like he has constantly shed for the last year and a half - he grows so fast!
Thanks for checking him out!

wigglesworth

Juvie Member
mean he doesn't look mean he looks cute
although i know that Sav's have a reputation for sometimes being aggressive
whats his temperment actually like?

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He is a jerk. He's obviously handle-able, though. He doesn't like me at all. He hisses when I put my hands in his cage, but hes never really threatened to bite me or anything. He doesn't mind my SO much, though. He knows he is his main caretaker. SO can reach into his cage and pick him up without any issues, and Esham crawls all over him when he is out. It's really funny. He will climb on me a bit, but not often. I'm still nervous when I'm barefoot and he approaches my feet. I don't think he will bite, but I really don't like having my toes exposed when he's walking around the living room! They have jaws like pit bulls!
Over all, I don't think hes too mean. I encourage SO to handle him often.. eventually we would like to have a child and I refuse to have an animal that is capable of maiming/killing someone - especially a child.. I can't wait til we can buy a house and build him a cool indoor/outdoor enclosure. It gets warm enough here in the summer to accommodate him.
He's really a cool guy, though (even though I'm pretty sure he is a she.. all of our animals turn out to be girls..)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom