Three Dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeppersGirl

Juvie Member
Okay this is getting on my nerves so I thought I'd see if anyone knows what else I could have possibly done wrong.
I have had three lizards die on me in three completely different situations, the only thing I came across is that they lived (not together but one after the other) in the same enclosure, and died in the same manner :(
As far as I know and according to care sheets and advice everything was set up right, but obviously not. The lizards were a water skink, then a Jacky dragon, and recently a central netted dragon. They all became suddenly lethargic, couldn't even lift their heads (which is saying something for a jacky) and died within 1 or 2 days, barely time to get any help.
I also know of a friend that kept water skinks and the same thing happened.

Please help so I don't make the same mistake again :?
Thanks,
Meagan.

TheWolfmanTom

Extreme Poster
Hi Pepper,
I will admit that im not up on the care of those particular lizards.
Are you getting them from the same source?
Sometimes petshops get lizards from a wholesaler that gets them wild caught.
Just offering another poss explination

ThyDemise

Hatchling Member
my first guess would be mites, but 1-2 days is fast. unless something in the enclosure is toxic. i dont know, just shootin off ideas. sorry to hear about your losses.

lacy_black

Gray-bearded Member
Oh no not that beautiful little netted baby you just got :cry: wish I could help. Have you been sterilizing the cage really good after 1 dies?

Starforce2

Juvie Member
List everything in yourr cage (pictures good too) decorations, beding, anything that lists ingrediants or materials it's made with copy those here too. Esp if it's in common with all 3.

Confer with your friend who's had things die...see if anything you are using to clean with, the cage or your house, such as for dusting, detergants, hairspray, perfumes, oder removers (oust, glade plugins near the cage?) ect is a match. Think like how they do it on TV dramas where the CDC or something is trying to find a common bond for an outbreak or food poisoning (are you both getting feeders from the same source? Company?)

Don't feel bad. I killed 3 anols when I was a kid before I figured out it was the dang silica sand the pet store told me to use. And some unknown killed my toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom