Where do you buy your live food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2JsMommy

Hi, I'm new here and I was just wondering where everyone gets their worms, crickets, and roaches. Do you order them from a specific website? Or buy them locally? How do you know which websites are good (high quality, fair price, etc) and which ones aren't?

Thanks!!

Catalyst

BD.org Addict
Most people order their bugs in bulk online since that's a fair bit cheaper than buying through local pet stores. You can also breed your own feeders depending on which bugs you go with. There are people here from all over the continent (all over the world really) so you can usually find someone from your area who has suggestions/experience with sources near you.

LQDragons

Juvie Member
I breed my own Dubia roaches. We started out buying crix at the local pet store, then ordering online(tried a bunch of places). It didn't take to long to realize that crix suck, they stink, make lots of noise(in the middle of the night :x ), & they escape. So I bought my first order of Dubia (told wife they're "beetles" :) ) started with 300, fed off to many, ordered more and never looked back. Now I have so many that I can sell enough to help pay for there supplies; food, supplements, water crystals, egg flats, new bins, screen, hot glue gun, heating pads.

2JsMommy

Original Poster
Catalyst- Thanks :) I'll ask around.

LQDragons- So roaches are your staple food? Can you feed them to baby beardies?

Thanks for the replies :)

smilieone

I buy my crickets at lllreptile.. $20.00 for 1000 crickets including shipping.. I bought my silkies at Mulberry farms.. no I am rasing my own.. very easy i might add to do ...

Have had great results with both places..

LQDragons

Juvie Member
2JsMommy":0aa4a said:
Catalyst- Thanks :) I'll ask around.

LQDragons- So roaches are your staple food? Can you feed them to baby beardies?

Thanks for the replies :)

yes , Dubia are the staple I feed to our dragons and the nymphs(babies) are born really small, about 1/8" - 3/16", they are great for babies :D

2JsMommy

Original Poster
LQDragons":65bb0 said:
yes , Dubia are the staple I feed to our dragons and the nymphs(babies) are born really small, about 1/8" - 3/16", they are great for babies :D

Awesome, where would you recommend I get Dubia? Do you ship? ;)

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I order from premiumcrickets.com. I would prefer to order from lllreptile.com, they are a little cheaper. Premium carries phoenix worms, though, and dehydrated water crystals.. Soon, I will be starting a dubia colony, so no more ordering feeders for us!! lllreptile has cheap supplies, tho. Their customer service is really nice and helpful, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom