Roughly 4 month old not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericab10

Hey all! We got our little guy just before Christmas - the pet store said he was 3-5 months old but looking through the site here, there's no way he was that old. Thinking he was no more than 2-3? Anyways, he's been fantastic the 2 months we've had him but he hasn't been eating hardly at all this week. 2 bites of salad, a roach or two a day and that's really been it.

His basking temp is 100-110 taken with a digital probe therm and we have a T5 UVB bulb. He's not wanting to bask, he's just hiding in his cave with quite a bit of stress marks. The second we take him out for a cuddle though he turns bright white and lays on us. We've tried feeding him while holding him but he literally turns his head away. It's stressing me out! He's still pooping and it looks normal. I just don't understand why he's hanging out in the hide and getting cold.

Thanks for any help!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Something is off w/ the lighting --- your T 5 where is it? If its on top of screen and that screen is a fine mesh like a screen door it needs to be inside the tank -- 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor- if its a wide hole type it can stay on top of screen but the basking decor piece needs to be directly underneath it 8-10 inches

ericab10

Original Poster
Thanks Karrie! You're actually the one that helped me set it up lol. It's on the far left by the basking light and sitting on top of chicken wire that has .5" "holes." We bought the bulb the beginning of January. We have another one here...maybe I should swap it out in case the bulb we have had been sitting on the shelf too long?? Is that even a thing?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
ok bulbs dont expire on the shelf they can however be defective but if your not getting flickering or anything it should be fine --- what I would do then is move it inside the tank see if his behavior changes --- if it does not then something else is going on -- but we need to first rule this out -- try that let me know if you need some help w/ hanging it I can post some things to do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom