Dubia Food Strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
So I won a bucketload of free dubias from dubiaroaches.com... 200 retired breeders, 200 mediums, and 2000 really small ones. I have only one problem.

Figment has, for a few months now, wanted nothing to do with dubias or crickets. I’ve been offering mealworms, superworms, and BSFL (which he eats, but without enthusiasm).

I already shared out my some of my bounty with a fellow teacher whose dragon hasn’t as yet benefited from this forum’s advice... I’m slowly getting her to feed Blackbeard more nutritious food, and got him into a bigger hab with better UV. So she got my 200 retired breeders, who frankly really creeped me out. But now I’m darned if I know what to do with the 2,200 I still have on hand.

Do dragons ever get over their dislike for a particular feeder? Figment has gotten REALLY REALLY finicky about both greens and bugs, and I worry about him not eating enough. Anyone else had a dragon who won’t touch his dubias?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have a dubia strike on my hands now too. The strike will likely end eventually, but until then, try to share them as you can and just keep them fed on kitchen scraps. They will just keep chugging along with some minimal care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom