Should I feed my beardie less

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
My beardie was purchased on April 24th, and on that day he was roughly 6", so at 19" I'm assuming he's about 8-9 months old (if not 10). I feed him a salad once and bugs twice daily.

Supplements schedule:
Mon-Wed: Calcium no D3
Thurs-Fri: Calcium D3
Saturday: Fluker's Multivit

From my research I noticed I'm supposed to cut down feeding, is that right? How much? With that in mind, would I need to make changes to his supplementation, too?

Also, I'm trying to get more variety into my beardie's salad. I want to try endive. When you say endive can be a staple, do you mean the curly grass kind of endive or the pale green cigar shaped ones?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hes still young keep feeding as you are -- here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
I would add more bug variety and add worms -- super butter horn and silk - silk worms are a great staple feeder-- are you using a T 5 UVB?
Karrie

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Im using a T8 right now but I'm building a large tank and will get a T5 then. I do feed hornworms, supers, and mealworms as salad toppers and treats. At what age do you think I should feed him less? Also i tried getting silk worms a few times but they were always out.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'll probably wait until they have more then 25 in stock or look into silkworm eggs. Thanks for the help.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
No I can order several cups but only the small sized ones. In my opinion if I order the small ones which are said to be 1/8" then I might as well expirament with some eggs. And ordering a few cups will be pretty pricey.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok usually the cup come bigger and the bulk which they don't have now come small- I usually get the bulk like 50 have been out for awhile
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom