feeding and dusting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I'm planning on getting a baby bearded dragon and want to make sure I do everything right. I read the caresheet on here and was just wondering about dusting I'm in the uk so wanted to check I'm using the right stuff. it says here "For babies and juvies, bugs should be dusted once a day with a calcium/vitamin D3 supplement for reptiles, such as the one made by Rep-cal, 5 times per week." so would I use this 5 days a week. https://www.reptilecentre.com/prorep-calci-dust-200g_p4010107.htm
and then this 2 days. https://www.reptilecentre.com/vetark-nutrobal-100g_p4010017.htm since I can't get the same brands as the one in the caresheet. Finally for feeding 2-3 times a day and only dust once is that correct? Thanks in advance

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You dont want a vitamin w/ D3 in it too - you need to look for a vitamin that has Beto Carotene in it instead of Vit A-- Beta Carotene takes the place of the Vit A-- you dont want too much Vit A especially if one your feeding carrots / or feeding your dubias or crickets carrots -- I feed my insects carrots so I dont feed my dragons carrots -- and yes they need the D3 5 x per week once per feeding and vitamins 2 x per week once per feeding -- if you are using the Arcadia D3 UVB bulb you might want to invest in some calcium w/ out D3 to give maybe 3 times per week -- and the calcium D3 2 times per week - if your using a Reptisun UVB bulb then go w/ the 5 x per week -
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom