automatic feeder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RastaDragon

hi everyone,

so this week things at home will change quite a lot - i start a new job after two months of being made redundant, and my wife works three days a week.

this means that 3 days a week there will be no one home until about 6.30pm.

this will be the very first time since he came home that Boggle will be alone in the daytime.

Boggle will of course have his salad every day, but i'm a little concerned about his food timings.

his lights go off and he takes himself to bed at 9pm so there will be time to eat in the evening.

but i am wondering if anyone has tried to use any kind of "automatic feeder" type of thing, like you would use for a cat or dog, to let out some food over the course of the day?

many thanks
RD.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can get a bowl that insects / bugs cant get out of and place it in the tank along w/ his salad or mix them together and leave on the cool side of the tank for him to eat as the day goes by -- what are you feeding for insects ? You can always get BSFL they are easy to use in the bowl along w/ dubias if they are small enough -- I dont know what size your dragon is eating - the bowls dont do so well w/ bigger dubias but if they got out the dragon would probably catch them anyway -- mine does - that is a idea -- or you can wait and feed bugs when you get home at 6 30 since lights are off at 9 that would be plenty of time for him to bask after eating the bugs as well
Karrie

RastaDragon

Original Poster
hi Karrie,

thanks for your reply - i am going to get one of those dishes like you said with the lip at the top so things can't get out.

but its not actually as important now - i have just started a new job, and the instruction now is to work from home until further notice!

RD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom