Ideas on worms to feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I have run out of options to feed my 2 dragons for worms--- they are so picky they now are not eating the BSFL I have been feeding- one wont eat super worms while the other one will they both wont eat waxworms they both eat horn worms and one is too young for meal worms - while the older one was just fed meal worms for the first time - I am ordering some silk worms - I have fed Hiccup in the past silkworms he wasnt completely gun ho for them but did eat them - his favorite seem to be the horn worms - he will eat the butter worms as well - along w/ Blaze who likes the horn worms as well as the butter worms - does anyone know of any other staple feeder besides the BSFL that can be used as a lure to the salad bowl- the BSFL worked great for a while and I was feeding them to both dragons but I think maybe they are tired of them -- so I am gonna lay off of them for a while and try again later --as a main staple they are getting Dubias --- today was the first day in months that Hiccup has eaten any Dubias and he chowed down on 3 large ones at that -- he has mainly been eating some butter worms horn worms and meal worms --- offered a salad every day and wont touch it - if anyone has any ideas on what else to feed please let me know
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Silkworms are an excellent staple feeder insect .

You can raise them from eggs on either fresh (black, red or white) mulberry leaves , or on blanched ( then frozen then thawed as needed ) mulberry leaves , or cooked silkworm chow ( make up only enough to last a few weeks , keep it chilled wrapped in cling wrap ) and feed to the worms as needed.

Very few bearded dragons can resist a nice feed of silkworms.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi karrie,

Are you trying to get your guys to eat other insects? Or are you trying to get them to eat salad? I only asked because you mentioned needing a worm for the salads.

Silkworms are great feeder worms. Mealworms come in all sizes. I dont wait until a certain age or size for mealworms.

-Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I am looking for a small feeder to put into the salads -- I dont care what I do w/ Hiccup hes a lost cause on that issue- I was adding BSFl to Blazes salads and it seems hes lost interest in them - he will eat them if I had feed them to him but for the most part he is not really eating them like he used to - he will go to the salad bowl w/ the supers in there but I was looking more for luring - he has eaten one meal worm that I gave him -- I wasnt feeding those because of the exoskeleton and I dont want him plugged up or hooked on them - I have ordered some silk worms and I am going to try those --- he loves his dubias and hes eating those in his veggie bowl so he is getting veggies too a long w / the dubias --- I was so happy Hiccup ate 3 large dubias today and I tried hand feeding him some salad -- he wasnt having it all he did was close his eyes - the dubias he ate had vitamins on them so -------------I really dont know what to do w/ him -- he seems good - he is very active in the morning wanting out hes basking like he should - gave him a bath today to see if he wanted water nope --- I dont think hes losing weight I need to weigh him again - he has pooped quite a bit the last 2 weeks - so I am going to use the silk worms I have coming and I also have more butter worms coming along w/ some horn worms -- my two really like those horn worms ---
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom