Feeding a 3 almost 4 year old Beardie

Discuss topics of food for your beardies here.

Feeding a 3 almost 4 year old Beardie

Postby Katienic » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:16 am

I feed my almost 4 year old beardie 1 time a day, mainly in the evening. He gets veggies everyday but crickets every other. Am I feeding him too little? How and what do you feed your adult beardies?
Katienic
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Feeding a 3 almost 4 year old Beardie

Postby KarrieRee » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:29 am

Is he eating all the vegies hes given? The crickets I think can be offered twice a week w/ calcium D3 -- and vitamins as well maybe one time a week --- how about water- ? You can wash his vegies before serving so he can get water from there unless he drinks from a bowl---
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby Katienic » Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:53 am

KarrieRee wrote:Is he eating all the vegies hes given? The crickets I think can be offered twice a week w/ calcium D3 -- and vitamins as well maybe one time a week --- how about water- ? You can wash his vegies before serving so he can get water from there unless he drinks from a bowl---
Karrie

He doesn’t eat them all. I do spray his veggies with water as well as him.
Katienic
Newbie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:03 am

Then he us full I would say-- does he look thin to you and do you weigh him at all-- you can take a weight on him keep track if it and go from there
Karrie
KarrieRee
Extreme Poster

Postby Katienic » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:45 am

KarrieRee wrote:Then he us full I would say-- does he look thin to you and do you weigh him at all-- you can take a weight on him keep track if it and go from there
Karrie

He does not look thin to me but then I guess I’m not too sure what thin looks like on a bearded dragon. He seems happy and all that. Just was wanting to make sure I wasn’t underfeeding him especially with the crickets. I do that every other day and he will eat about 10 then he’s done
Katienic
Newbie Poster

Postby claudiusx » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:13 am

That's a decent amount of live protein for an adult. I wouldn't worry.
If you can weigh him when can tell you better if he seems under or over for his size.

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeding