Is this correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Hi all! I appreciate everyone’s responses and help here so far. I’m glad I found this forum because it’s been helpful for me in every way! Especially for my beardie and as a first time owner! Just to make sure:

-Do I feed my baby beardie calcium powder 5 times a week and 2 times a week with vitamin powder?

-When my beardie is a juvenile, is that around 6 months?
-Do they still eat majority insects and greens here and there?
- do juveniles still get 5 times a week calcium, 2 times a week vitamins?

-When they are an adult, how often do I feed them bugs a week?
-how often for calcium and vitamins?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Lexylexyy":2lrgc2zh said:
Hi all! I appreciate everyone’s responses and help here so far. I’m glad I found this forum because it’s been helpful for me in every way! Especially for my beardie and as a first time owner! Just to make sure:

-Do I feed my baby beardie calcium powder 5 times a week and 2 times a week with vitamin powder? Yes the D3 powder

-When my beardie is a juvenile, is that around 6 months? Not sure I think they are still babies
-Do they still eat majority insects and greens here and there? they should have insects up till around 1 year for main diet -- still offer them salad as well
- do juveniles still get 5 times a week calcium, 2 times a week vitamins? Once they switch over to vegies meaning eating more of them they should be offered a variety of different vegies so they are getting their calcium and vitamins

-When they are an adult, how often do I feed them bugs a week? offer them once or twice / week alternating the calcium and vitamins
if they have a good diet of vegies going you shouldnt haft to worry too much about the calcium and vitamins -- along w/ the good UVB they have they should be good

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Lexylexyy":14zb1qmp said:

-Do I feed my baby beardie calcium powder 5 times a week and 2 times a week with vitamin powder?
I do calcium once a day and multi once a week

-When my beardie is a juvenile, is that around 6 months?
It's up for opinion, there is no real scientific answer.
-Do they still eat majority insects and greens here and there?
As a juvenile that is still growing, yes. Salads should be offered every day to all ages of dragon
- do juveniles still get 5 times a week calcium, 2 times a week vitamins?
Sure

-When they are an adult, how often do I feed them bugs a week?
Really is prefrence and what exactly you feed. I feed my adults mainly supers, so they would typically only get bugs 3 times a week or so. Less fatty insects you could feed more often, but IMO salad should be the bulk of the diet.
in my situation of 3 times a week, I dust the worms each feeding. Honestly I don't really use a multi with the adults. If I think about it, I might sprinkle some on the salad. But it's not a concern of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom