How much to Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoleyFun

Hi!
We got our little guy in January, at the time we thought he was about 2 months, so now he is probably about 5 months. We have always filled his bowl with greens and veggies in the morning, then we feed him bugs right when I get home in the afternoon. This is a good routine for us, but I am not sure if I am feeding him enough. Can you over feed them? I try to stick with dubias, but a lot of time need to fill in with crickets in between dubia shipments. He will go through 200 small dubia in 4 days. He can polish off 20-30 small crickets in less than 5 minutes. We bought the next size up crickets last night and he ate 20, no problem. I can imagine the poo that will be waiting for me when I get home. LOL! He pretty much finishes off his bowl of veggies every single day. I feel like I could keep giving him bugs and more bugs and he will never stop. Also, I don't want him to get chunky and unhealthy. I guess my question is how much should he be eating at this age? Here are some current pictures.
102999-9494896093.jpg
102999-5383465472.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
He is eating good---- he will quit eating when he is full -- so dont worry about over feeding him-- hes eating about right and its great hes eating vegies at this age already--- I take it your feeding him things like squash collard turnip and mustard greens -- ? green beans are good along w/ fruit-- apples strawberries blueberries mango but no citrus--
Karrie

FoleyFun

Original Poster
Yes, eating a ton of variety of veggies, so far we have tried collard green. mustard greens, zucchini, tomato, green beans, squash, carrots, and broccoli. There is nothing that he hasn't liked. We haven't done any fruit, I figure we will save fruit for a treat sometime.

This is a picture of him the day we got him in mid January, sitting on the same rock. He has gotten so big!
102999-9520011404.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yes he has--- cute little dude!! Yes please try some fruit and you can always give him horn worms and butter worms for a treat as well -- just no meal worms and if you give supers limit those as well -- they can impact him
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
At his age I recommend :
TWO feeds of HIGH QUALITY LIVE insects per day chosen from

> BSFL
> Silkworms (up to 1.5" long)
> crickets (gutloaded & dusted) *
> roaches (gutloaded & dusted) *
> locusts (gutloaded & dusted) *

* suitable size for him , ie no longer than the distance between his eyes.

And offer fresh salad after he's had his first meal of bugs.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
He looks great, keep doing what you're doing. :) Sometimes obesity starts while they are still growing because they get used to being stuffed all day long. Many of the dragons on forums today are overweight + act like couch potatoes, you don't want that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom