Bearded Dragon Refusing to Eat Anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie hasn't eaten for two weeks, but she is drinking fine. Naturally, she also hasn't had a bowel movement in that long either. It all started when I ran out of live feeders. I had already ordered more dubia roaches and superworms knowing that this would happen, but unfortunately, the insects came in dead due to the cold weather (I sort of forgot to check off the cold protection option on the website). That one shipment took 1 week to get to me, so I knew ordering another would take just as long, and I don't have the money to pay for express shipping. Meanwhile, I had to put my 1 year old beardie on a strictly vegetarian diet. She stopped having bowel movements as frequently and didn't eat as much, but my beardie isn't greatly impressed with vegetables. The following week the worms and roaches came in, so I unpacked them, and immediately tried to give some to her. She didn't even recognize it as food.
I *****ically chose to stop feeding her vegetables until she ate some insects, but she even refused to eat worms! She used to love worms! I figured after 3 days of refusing to eat that I should give up and give her some vegetables so she wasn't hungry. I brought some collard greens, diced carrots, strawberries, spinach etc. She didn't even glance at any of it. She hasn't eaten anything for a total of 1 1/2 weeks. She has NEVER done that. But she isn't lethargic or desperate for food as I had expected. Actually, she is very energetic and explores through my room whenever I let her out and loves to look out the window as normal. Her behavior hasn't changed whatsoever. I heard brumation could be the cause for this, but she isn't sleeping often and she is very active, only her eating pattern has changed. Any advice would really help because I am very lost.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Since she's a year old, it's about time to start getting her more into veges anyway so this may be a good opportunity. She is old enough to go without food for a bit and not be a problem. Try offering a wide variety of veges and see if you can establish some favorites. Hand feeding often helps since you can give the food some movement. Since she likes worms, try cutting some squash into worm shapes and see if she goes after that. I've had good luck doing that.

76248-9983280538.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom