Beardy Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deabrua

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dezzy is 5yo 18" F, Percy is 8yo 19" M
Mesh lid keeps my cats out of the tank, considering they cant really get to the top of it. In any case, they're not even allowed in that room anymore. I'll be moving her to a 112G tank at the end of the month with front sliding glass.

For the duration of college, my parents are for all intents and purposes "landlords" - there will be no getting dubias past them. For now, I'll have to keep it to crickets and salads.

Also, the UVB is far from inadequate. I should actually move it farther away. It is a reptisun T5HO 10.0 UVB with a reflector. A dragon should never be within 8 inches, even with a mesh top, of such a UVB setup. Ideally she would be between 9 and 24 inches away from it. 9 to 16 being the range she basks in, 16 to 24 being anything else.

Without the mesh top, she should never be any closer than 15 inches to the tube and never farther than 22 inches.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Deabrua":9tcykk0c said:
Mesh lid keeps my cats out of the tank, considering they cant really get to the top of it. In any case, they're not even allowed in that room anymore. I'll be moving her to a 112G tank at the end of the month with front sliding glass.

<<< heard that before . Then the cat rips a hole in the mesh and goes fishing with it's claws for the trapped lizard and drags it out of the tank and tortures it and mauls it leaving it for dead (or dead) when it no longer moves.

For the duration of college, my parents are for all intents and purposes "landlords" - there will be no getting dubias past them. For now, I'll have to keep it to crickets and salads.

Also, the UVB is far from inadequate. I should actually move it farther away. It is a reptisun T5HO 10.0 UVB with a reflector. A dragon should never be within 8 inches, even with a mesh top, of such a UVB setup. Ideally she would be between 9 and 24 inches away from it. 9 to 16 being the range she basks in, 16 to 24 being anything else.

Without the mesh top, she should never be any closer than 15 inches to the tube and never farther than 22 inches.
<<< nonsense , refer to this : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=234801&p=1806497#p1806497 , the first post !!
16 to 24 inches from a T5ho 10% UVB tube (even a brand new one !) in a reflector hood the UV will very low ( unhealthily inadequate levels of both UVA & UVB ).
When the manufacturer says a uv globe or tube is " effectiveup to 24 inches " they simply mean the UVA & UVB is DETECTABLE at this distance from the source , this doesn't mean it's at any where near adequate levels.

If on top of the mesh the tube mentioned should be about 6" from the basking spot to give adequate levels of UVA & UVB.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Deabrua":1ntn8lao said:
The cat cant fit between the mesh top and what's about it, so try again.
As for lights, https://sites.google.com/site/thelizardmadness/lighting-guides - try again.
Please feel free to update your own info, stop making assumptions, and not mislead others. Thanks.

For a healthy bearded dragon aim for 160-200 microW UVB / sq.cm at the basking spot , about 100 microW UVB / sq.cm elsewhere.
arcadia-bearded-dragon-lighting-guide.png

If your H is 24" (distance from the UV source to the basking spot) , it strongly recommended that both a T5ho 14%UVB tube in a good reflector hood (mounted UNDER the mesh) and a 120W MVB also be provided over the basking spot (again mounted UNDER the mesh) to ensure adequate UVA & UVB @ the basking spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom