Devoured Food So I Increased Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxson

Jaxon devoured 12 small roaches within 10secs and I had no more so I gave him/her 5 meal worms.... Jaxons are them under 40secs. I couldn’t tell if she/he was being greedy or we were starving him/her so I went to get more this time bigger ones. Jaxon ate 4 large crickets when I got home In The afternoon. It took him a little longer maybe the normal rate to eat but she/ he act like he was still hungry again I think maybe he being greedy or we are starving him. I got home at night and my so. Was super excited to see bigger crickets and decided to put 5 In the tank. Jaxon only ate 4 and left the 5th one alone. This morning I have him/her 4 medium roaches and again Jaxonare fast but maybe at normal rate. Again I have no idea if he/she is greedy or if starving. Jaxon is about 7.5-8inches long just went through a bunch of shedding.

My question is how many large size crickets and how many medium size roaches is Jaxon suppose to be eating per day??????

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is Jaxson? Usually they say to feed them what they can eat in 10 minutes or so........... I would lay off the meal worms and stick w/ the roaches --- crickets are ok but tend to give parasites - roaches are better for him 1 dubia roache = 6 crickets-- are you feeding him greens like mustard collard greens any type of vegies?

Karrie

Jaxson

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3rw4iyfb said:
How old is Jaxson? Usually they say to feed them what they can eat in 10 minutes or so........... I would lay off the meal worms and stick w/ the roaches --- crickets are ok but tend to give parasites - roaches are better for him 1 dubia roache = 6 crickets-- are you feeding him greens like mustard collard greens any type of vegies?

Karrie

Mealworms are a treat and Jaxson enjoys them. He’s young I read 7.5-8 inches is probably 3-4 months so I’m not sure. He doesn’t eat veggies won’t touch them. I hand feed him a piece and he refuse to eat anymore but eats strawberries. We give Jaxson both Crickets and Roaches and most likely will continue. I just don’t know how many Jaxson is suppose to have per day now that we increased size. When giving Jaxson the small crickets and roaches, we gave 12 per day and alternate days between crickets and roaches. But the medium roaches and large crickets look double the size from the small ones

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Meal worms should not be given to a baby-- it is too hard on their system at this point - if you want to give him a treat I would suggest super worms maybe 1 - 2 or butter worms like 3 they are high in fat or horn worms small ones- the bugs should be no bigger than the size between their eyes my guess he can eat medium size ones - and if your feeding crickets probably 20 at a feeding I am guessing roaches 6---- 1 roach = 6 crickets-- follow his lead--- he will stop when he is full!
Karrie

Jaxson

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1d2vd9wj said:
Meal worms should not be given to a baby-- it is too hard on their system at this point - if you want to give him a treat I would suggest super worms maybe 1 - 2 or butter worms like 3 they are high in fat or horn worms small ones- the bugs should be no bigger than the size between their eyes my guess he can eat medium size ones - and if your feeding crickets probably 20 at a feeding I am guessing roaches 6---- 1 roach = 6 crickets-- follow his lead--- he will stop when he is full!
Karrie

The superworms at our pet stores are huge! The employees said they will choke on them. I think he now gets full off 6 medium roaches but he is only 4 months. So I was just thinking he is greedy. I don’t want him to be obese

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That's good he needs the protein and he's growing- roaches won't make him obese
Karrie

Jaxson

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1dy42zsb said:
That's good he needs the protein and he's growing- roaches won't make him obese
Karrie

Ok thanks so much Karrie. You’re helpful in all the posts.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good advice from Karrie but no superworms unless they are very small, and only a couple at a time for an 8" beardie. They can cause impaction as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom