Hates Veggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxson

I’ve tried everything to get Jaxson to eat his salad except adding honey and he refuses. For a 3 month old he is pretty cleaver. He waits until the worms are on top or out to eat them. He refuse to eat his strawberries if they are near the salad. I was able to hand feed him 2x but he only took 1 piece then turned his head and ran off. He won’t try anything green not even if it’s mixed with bright colors. Any other suggestions? And yes I even sprinkled calcium on it and gave dry worms and crickets before... nothing works.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
His age his main diet is bugs --- live ones preferably-- if you have access to Dubia roaches I would feed him / her those-- salad is not a requirement at this age as he / she needs the protein and should be fed live bugs dusted w/ the calcium d3 5 x per week w/ vitamins 2 x per week -- Hiccup is just now turning a year at the end of the month and has just now started to eat more salad- you can Dubias on line - there are a lot of places you can order from --- google Amazon sells them w/ free shipping

Karrie

Jaxson

Original Poster
Okay, great! Thanks for the information. The pet store didn’t tell us about the vitamins ? only about the calcium. I will go get vitamins also. So glad I don’t have to keep wasting money on greens. They don’t sell small packs of greens here and I’m tired of eating them instead of letting them go to waste.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I buy mustard greens for $1 a bunch- collard greens $1 a bunch --- I buy yellow squash zucchini and we eat that but usually I buy just one and it last a while- I feed my Dubias yellow squash apple sweet potato carrots plus Dubia food- the vegies are a water source for the Dubias- Hiccup eats everything but the carrots and Dubia food - its so it doesnt go to waste-- I have a 10 gallon tank I keep the roachs in --- their is a list of foods on this website -- its under feeding I think --
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom