Bearded dragon won’t eat Dubia Roaches. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Axle2018

So I just decided to switch from crickets to Dubia Roaches. I got some Dubias on Friday and my beardie ate maybe 3 at his first feeding then none at his second feeding. Now today when i tried to feed again he just doesn’t seem interested. Is there a way to get them to eat Dubia Roaches because I got a good amount and don’t want them to go to waste.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How old is he? Is he showing signs of being lazy tired etc? Mine hasnt been eating a whole lot now either -- if he was eating them before it could be he just isnt hungry-- Hiccup will be a year old at the end of this month and has been eating his greens more and more and less of the roaches which is typical for age- those roaches will last a long time - just feed them carrots apples sweet potato any kind of squash - dubia food if you have it -- just make sure if you feed them apple keep an eye on it as it will sour and stink if the roaches dont eat it all - I usually clean mine out after a day or two -
Karrie

Axle2018

Original Poster
He is about 5 months not exactly sure of age about 14 inches long. He’s never had Dubias before Friday only crickets. He eats some of his greens throughout the day but mostly just basks and falls asleep every now and again.I have some greens and carrots in there for the roaches now and they have been munching on that. Before I got the Dubias he was eating his crickets perfectly fine so I’m not sure if he just doesn’t want the roaches.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Yeah I dont know either--- the roaches will keep tho --- its too bad if he doesnt eat the roaches cuz they are way better for him than the crickets-- they tend to give them parasites as what I was told by my vet - I switched Hiccup over to roaches around 3 1/2 months and he seemed to like them better anyways- I dont get crickets anymore -- keep offering them and see what he does -- Hiccup is just now eating more greens (salad) now as he is getting closer to a year old-- and he seems to be more lazy these days -- of course its cold here I am in MN so ............ I had to move his UVB light over I had gotten a new tank a 120 gallon and he hasnt sat under that UVB since putting it in I had it in the center of the tank w/ a log under it and his platform and he would never go sit under it so I moved it today over to the left side of tank w/ his new fake log he likes and guess what ? he is now under the light-- so we will see how that goes-- this UVB is stronger than the other one I had before - I now have the Arcadia 10.0 T5 14% bulb -- so I am wondering if that is why I dont know -- we will see
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom