Prefers greens to crickets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay I wrote this long annoying explanation with questions etc then somehow I deleted it and so now I'm going to be laconic. (also apologies that's a vocab word that's stuck in my head and I can't think rn)

Question one: Should I be concerned that my beardie (around 11 weeks) likes greens more than crickets? Will this harm his growth, etc? Or is he just a not picky eater and it's all good?

Question two: At this age, is it okay to feed him mealworms?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, it is O.K if he loves greens as long as he is eating some protein and growing at a decent rate. How many bugs DOES he eat and have you tried anything else ? Phoenix worms would be better than mealworms , which are not very good for a young dragon .

Can you post pics of him ? Also his set up + lights ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I concur , it's a bonus if he likes his greens at his age (11 weeks old) , i'd make sure to give him at least two meals of live insects per day BEFORE giving him his salad greens to nibble on , don't want him filling up on low protein , no fat vegs , and not getting sufficient insect protein and fats (needed to biologically mobilise vitamins and minerals in his bloodstream and provide energy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom