Best Vegetables to feed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a 3 year old male beardie from a friend. I'm pretty sure he has just been fed pellets and I know he wasn't held or pet much at all. I just got some live crickets and superworms for him to eat. What vegetables should I feed him though? He is pretty big so how often should I feed him?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 3 he is an adult and should be eating primarily veges. Give him a nice big salad to eat every day. It may be tough to get him into the salad if he isn't used to it so be patient and keep offering different items to try and find stuff he likes. I like to reference this list for ideas. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

It's good to offer a variety of bugs too. Crickets are good, so are different kinds of roaches, silk worms, horn worms, supers are OK as an occasional treat but aren't healthy as a staple. At his age ideally he should only be eating bugs once or twice per week with about 80% or so of his diet being veges.

Oakleythedragon

For an adult bearded dragon you should feed around 70 percent greens and 30 percent protein Around 30-40 worms a week or around 50 crickets a week for greens you can feed them all kinds of vegetables like collard greens, mustard greens, sometimes kale and some others I feed mine greens everyday and bugs 2 times a week hope this helped :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom