Amount of crickets and roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Should I be concerned that Hiccup who is around 3 months is only eating like 20 bugs / day? I feed her around 8-8 30 AM crickets like 10-15 or so --afternoon feeding around 3- 30 PM-- each time around 10 bugs or so - then I have a time getting her to eat coaking her to eat the roaches-- she almost seems like shes not hungry-- I figured 6 hrs in between feeding she would be starving but she doesnt act like it-- I know I was told to feed her like 3 times per day but getting her to eat at 3 seems hard and I don't think I could get her to eat again before bed time- I usually shut her lights off around 8 or so because I turn them on around 7 AM-- She is going to the bathroom every day - same spot so its easy to clean up -- temps are good and she sits under her basking and UVB -- so I am trying to follow her lead --

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's good that you're responding to her lead. Keep offering bugs a couple of times per day at this age but she may not be hungry for them and that's fine. Just let her take what she wants. Her appetite will fluctuate over time with phases of eating a ton and phases of not wanting much.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So Hiccup is not eating a whole lot- she seems to be more sleeping the last couple of days- she was in her "cave" yesterday and we could hardly get her to eat-- she ate maybe 8 crickets in the morning tried feeding her again around 4 and she would not eat- now this morning shes on her log and hasnt moved since I turned her lights on- we did get 2 super worms down her last nite -- now I want to feed her again and she is still sleeping on her log -- her temps in the tank are good- basking rock around 106 and cool side of tank around 73-- she hasnt shedded at all yet but we can tell shes grown a little since we have had her- her tail is a little longer that when we first got her -- what is going on w/ this dragon?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She might just be resting in between growth spurts. Keep offering food and tracking her weight. As long as her weight is stable and you don't see signs of illness she should be OK.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I cant get Hiccup to eat-- she is hiding under her platform on the cool side of the tank-- sleeping-- I am going to try again in the morning and if she doesnt start eating I am taking her into the vet-- she is not active -- almost like shes hibernating.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Now shes in the cave of the platform scratching! Why is she doing that?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ok so she would not eat again this morning- so I have made an appt w/ the vet for Sat morning -- soonest I could get her in --- any thing else I should try to feed her between now and then?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I took Hiccup in today and she is fine- she weighs 1/2 ounce or 200 grams- she is not impacted or has anything going on -- we figured what happened was we fed her 2 superworms on Sat nite and she was so full that she had a food coma! She is back on her log under her UVB and sitting on her basking rock- we were told to mainly feed her Dubia Roaches instead of the crickets cuz she can get some sort of worm from the crickets. They can test and treat for that -- and to feed her mint and basil it has a stronger odor and will attract it to her -- mustard is good along w/ collard greens-- I need to pick some of the dandelions in my yard for her -- we don't spray our yard so that will be good --- she hadnt pooped either for a day and right before we left for the vet she took a poop-- so that was good but if I had known they wanted a sample I could of taken that -- oh well I can get it in later -- but for now she is in good health- of course they asked all the q's about heating lighting substrate etc.............. we seem to be doing everything right so .............. will be picking this basil and mint up for her + collard greens too -- I just bought fresh mustard yesterday and am feeding that to the crickets along w/ cat food and carrots--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom