Baby Beardie a little piglet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Good Afternoon, new beardie owner and I have had Biggie Smalls for a couple of weeks now. A few quick questions. At first he was only eating about 6-7 medium crickets twice a day for a total of about 12-14 medium crickets a day and now he is a little piglet. He will happily devour about 12-14 medium crickets twice a day. Little devil doesn't even give them a chance to to blink and he is on them like Godzilla. He does eat his greens and veggies if I hand feed it to him. Can I be overfeeding or underfeeding him. Yesterday he didn't want to come out and roam for the first time so I left him alone. He is pooping and acting normal otherwise. Just turning into an eating machine and the refusal to be held or come out. I did purchase some meal worms (unfortunately where I am the pet store had lots of dead and unhealthy....gulp.....roaches.....that I wouldn't feed him and they do not have any other options for my little monster) So the big question is how much is too much? I did accidentally drop in about 20 crickets one feeding and he had no problem hunting and eating all of them (I think he was even looking for more!) and when he/she (no idea yet) doesn't want to be handled should I still attempt to pick him up and take him out or should I do what my instinct says and don't push him into doing something he doesn't want to?

lizardmom25

Hatchling Member
My 3 month old eats about 50-60 insects per day spread over 2 feeds. I am feeding dubias and BSFL. They are eating machines at this age. They are growing rapidly too. It seems like my Gimli is bigger every time I see him. I handle him for some amount of time every day, no matter what. Better to help them realize now that you mean on harm that have a 2 ft dragon you cannot handle. Mine was skittish at first, but once I started picknig him up confidently every day and holding him securely for a few minutes with his legs supported he doesn't run form me any more. He has little interest in siting still and cuddling yet, and he is to small to let him down to explore so I just hold him, let him run on my arms a bit ect. Just to let him get used to me, know I am no threat ect.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow, maybe my little fellow is still hungry. I am trying to find the black fly larvae, think I’m gonna have to look to see if I can order on line. Ok on picking him up every day. He never used to run away and today I tha he just tried to hiss at me. LOL good thing I already love him. He just finished a shed on his tail but I think his head is starting to shed now.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Do you feed in the same enclosure he is housed in or do you feed him in a separate enclosure. Maybe my poor little guy is just hungry and that’s why he is a bit grumpy! Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom