Beardie Won't Eat Crickets Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElDubbaDubz

When I first got my beardie, I fed him crickets, but after reading the benefits of dubia roaches, I switched to them. But where I live, dubia roaches are much more expensive, and so after about a month of feed him roaches, I had to switch back to crickets. Problem is, he's not eating them. I think he might've been spoiled by the roaches and now refuses to eat the crickets. I honestly wish I could keep feeding him roaches, but I just don't have the money. I'm sort of hoping that eventually he'll get hungry enough to start eating the crickets again, but I'm a little worried. Any ideas?

ElDubbaDubz

Original Poster
Nevermind everyone! I just found out the real reason he's not eating: he's starting to shed! I found a dubia under his reptile carpet and tried to feed him that one and he didn't want that either, so the little guy's just cranky right now, though I'd be cranky too if my skin started falling off! Hopefully he'll be eating just fine in a day or two. Sorry if I worried anybody. I'm a new owner, and I've only had my beardie for about 2 months now, so I'm still learning. If for some reason, he still isn't eating after he's done shedding I'll post an update, but I think he'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom