Neewbie (Feeding Live Food)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmissmunky

Hi, this is prob a dumb question but I have crickets, mealworms (fridge), Superworms all in separate containers but I don't know if one dies are you suppose to dispose of the one or two that are dead or just leave it and dispose of it later. Like I hate bugs (I know good thing I have a lil pet that loves them)lol so I know nothing about them. and what is the best food to throw in with the superworms? carrot? , what about crickets? same? I read up on a lot of stuff online but I find a lot of conflicting stuff. I even ask people at stores here but again I hear different things ;0 I just obviously don't want my lil Jelly Bean to get sick so I just want to make sure the worms he gets are safe.
- Do you feed the worms/ crickets everyday with a new piece of carrot?

Thank you,

xxCRAZEE

Hey there, I always say no question is dumb, even if it "sounds dumb".
These guys are constant learning lessons, which I also am finding out myself.

I'm new to the forums myself, but have been browsing close to a month and finally decided to register yesterday while I was at work. So, I'll see if I can give my advice on what I have learned...Not that I'm an expert by ANY means, but I THINK my Migi is pretty happy! (I'll post an introductory thread when I get home)

Anywho when it comes to feeding Migi, I offer him crickets 2 times a day, every day and if he's not going for those, he'll usually eat greens, squash, bell peppers,or green apples from my hand. I always follow up with wax worms. 1 or 2 if he ate a good amount of crickets or 5 if he didn't eat so many. That's only 1 time a day with the wax worms, though.

Other than that, I always leave greens, squash (occasionally butternut squash as a treat), bell peppers(I switch between yellow and green), and will also leave a few small cuts of green apple.

And yeah.....

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would remove dead bugs when you see them. It's good to keep the bug enclosures as clean as you can. Offer them a variety of veges regularly. It will give them food and hydration. Squash is a good one for them. Carrots are good too, especially for superworms. I'd try a few things and see what they prefer. I put fresh greens (just a leaf or two, not a ton) on top of the substrate for supers sometimes too. They don't need as much attention as crickets who need a fresh meal daily. The supers will pull the veg scraps down into their substrate (usually some kind of grain/oat meal) and eat a bit and get some hydration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fortin28
Top Bottom