Baby Food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
So my lizard is almost 2... he's a bug eater. He absolutely loves his superworms and loves his dusted crickets but I've been told that at this age he should be eating more vegetables. So I tried to make a bug salad he would pick the bugs out of the salad and walk away wouldn't even try a bite. I tried to force feed him some vegetables and he would spit them back at me and walk away. So I've attempted a new venture. And he really likes baby food. I went to the store and bought the little containers of the baby food in just plain not crazy flavors. The only one that has multiple flavors in it is his laxative. It's Apple sweet potato and pumpkin and when he's starting to get a little puffy I'll give him a few bites of that then he's fine. But he really likes the carrots and he loves peaches. I also have a carat pear blackberry mix but he hasn't tried that one yet. What other baby foods can I get that are acceptable for the bearded dragon diet. He only eats a spoonful and then he's done of anything. I'm thinking maybe I should get a blender and puree up some vegetable salad and have him eat that because today I try to get him to eat some Radicchio endive and Tiny slivers of green bell pepper and that just wasn't happening LOL but the baby food he will definitely eat and since he will not go to his water dish willingly I figure this is also a good way to get him some hydration of some kind.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I agree that it would be god to puree some greens and then add some of the baby food that he likes. It may be a good resolution. Then you might puree them less + less so they are still chopped butnot totally + eventually just put them in a bowl, finely chopped + mixed with a dollop of baby food.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I like that idea. Thats a good plan. I also heard of people feeding baby food to their Dragons will they are sick. Mine is a rescue. As well as my first so I'm doing all I can to make him happy. Lol he just seems like meh.... he's not very energetic unless there's bugs involved lol. or there's a bathtub swimming pool. (He loves swimming he's a weirdo) it's also the only place I can get him to poop these days.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree, I don't see the harm in it. Especially if you are making the effort to blend up
greens, or feed greens & this is to help entice him to eat it more. I think it will likely
help out a lot, if you find flavors he likes. :D
There are a lot of nice organic varieties of baby food out there to choose from also.

Tracie

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
92959-7692022901.jpg
he seemed like top of really to enjoy this blend of greens. Spinach, strawberry, spring mix, carrots and endive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom